Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Smart Tunnel Race 14k

11 March 2007


This is the first time I start running again since September 2006 and first time I joined alone. So I didn't manage to snap any pictures of myself. It had been approximately 4 months since I last jogged. But this time I'm committed to start training again by signing up for 4 consecutive public run. So this time, I will be better prepared for the annual Dogathon at UPM.


~ Live broadcasting by RTM ~

SMART is an acronym for Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel, a project under the Federal Government initiate to alleviate the flooding problem in the city center of Kuala Lumpur. Recently I found out that Rakan's owner from Amsterdam actually work on part of this project.

The race covered a distance of approximately 14km. We were required to run for 2km on the free-way before entering the tunnel. I reach rather early, before the sun even rises and disspointedly the race only starts at 8.00am for the Woman Category, thanks to the late arrival of the VIPs. As speculated our Mr. Prime Minister is supposed to flag off the runners, but until 8.00am, he is still nowhere to be seen and was eventually being substituted.


This is just the 3rd time I'm joining a public run and this is the worstly organized one. First, it was started late. Second, there were actually 3 refreshment point, but everyone of it was running out of water when I reached.


This is the first time I ran more than 10km and I only manage to clock approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, despite that the road was pretty flat out. I regret that I didn't start training up for it earlier.

~ Presentation ceremony ~


As I was told that there will only be 50 medals available to each category, I fully given up hope and try to avoid muscle soreness for this run. As I still had another run at the Independence Square the following weekend.


~ As usual, the Kenya's runners emerged top ~~ The official T-shirt and a goodie bag ~

* Most of the pictures posted were adapted from runwitme.blogspot.com, hope the owner wouldn't mind*

No comments: